A Senior Designer at Astro works on various types of initiatives across our multidisciplinary practice, assisting in crafting brand identity systems, digital interfaces, elevating product design communications and presentations, and more. Senior Designers at Astro contribute to and illustrate how our point-of-view is singularly insightful. You are an experienced hands-on designer collaborating in delivering real solutions for our clients. Senior Designers are an integral part of Astro client relationships. You are comfortable presenting your design at the high-visibility stakeholder level, as well as delivering guidance and leadership during the design process.
Being a multidisciplinary studio, Astro provides designers with the opportunity to work on and shape a wide range of projects. The ability to adapt to and embrace design challenges is key to this particular role. We help our clients define their objectives and assist them in the development and materialization of their vision at the highest level of execution.
As part of the Astro family, Senior Designers are expected to be brand ambassadors for our work and mission. Building and evolving the Astro brand itself is one of the most important responsibilities for all designers in the studio; this requires active participation on marketing, communications and internal event efforts, as well as attending cultural and design events on a regular basis.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
• Work with Creative Directors and Lead Designers across brand development for print and digital experiences and industrial design
• Work collaboratively while inspiring and helping others become better designers
• Take direction from Creative Directors and Lead Designers.
• Deliver and receive constructive feedback to achieve the objectives determined by each project
• Hands-on design approach. Sr. Designers are visual design role models for the studio
• Collaborate in the development of brand and industrial design POVs
• Contribute to the improvement of Astro’s brand development process
• Contribute to the overall Astro brand communications
• Be aware of budgets and timelines as outlined by Program Managers and Directors Requirements
• 4+ years of experience in-house or agency/studio environment
• A strong, original portfolio of diverse creative brand work from logo design to brand systems
• Clear understanding of brand development workflows
• A self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial outlook
• Experience working with other designers in a team/studio setting
• Ability to deliver and take constructive feedback gracefully
• Solid understanding of global trends, technology and fashion
• Strong, unique communication and visualization skills
• Expert understanding of the Creative Suite graphic applications
• Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are a minimum
• Understanding of digital experience prototyping tools for product/mobile/web, like Sketch, Figma, Flinto, UXPin, WebFlow, etc.
• Understanding of prepress and printing processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications
• Drawing, photography, illustration, motion, 3D modeling, coding or writing skills are a plus
• Packaging design experience is a strong plus