A Graphic Designer participates and contributes as a creative team member. He/she should be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of design and the process required to achieve it. Basically, you will be expected to have the ability to generate fresh, creative solutions and communicate them effectively.
The key expectation here is to quickly learn to contribute with impact on projects. Graphic Designers at this level should be good and comfortable with their design tools, and continue to learn new ones. A Graphic Designer should also learn to effectively communicate with clients and staff as directed by the Creative Director & Lead Graphic Designers. You will work on a variety of programs, and this is really a time to learn and grow from the more experienced designers around you, and to gain a basic understanding of the business side of design consulting. It’s also a great opportunity to build your portfolio with real work ;-).
Finally, Astro is a distinct brand within the global marketplace. Our clients come to us for our strong, unique point of view, and hard-hitting approach. So push the envelope, because that’s what our clients ultimately respect us for the most.
Graphic Designers must:
- Understand current global trends, technology and fashion.
- Demonstrate insightful, fresh conceptual thinking.
- Project a professional image and self-confidence.
- Exhibit enthusiasm for work and motivation to learn and build skills.
- Have ability to work collaboratively. Partner with co-workers and be receptive to ideas of others.Seek out team members to solicit feedback, solutions and be prepared to pro-actively contribute the same.
- Take direction from Creative Directors and/or Lead Graphic Designers (ability to accept direction and constructive feedback).
- Deliver effective written and oral communication.
- Have strong understanding of visual communication principles such as shape, color, composition etc.
- Have ability to utilize typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to achieve final result. Preferably also possess drawing/illustration skills.
- Have computer proficiency on a PC or Mac and have an expert understanding of graphic applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and basic understanding of Flash, HTML and 3D modeling.
- Preferably have basic knowledge of prepress and printing processes (ability to prepare and deliver artwork ready for printing and have the ability to attend press checks).
- Drive the social media (Facebook/Instagram) content calendar w/Marketing Coordinator; serve as a point person for aggregating and preparing social media posting for approval of Marketing team and complete postings to social media feeds.
- Work with Graphics CD to produce, shoot and edit product / studio photography; lead studio documentation capture (work sessions, product shots, studio culture, etc).
- Prioritize work and manage time effectively; meet deadlines and demonstrate reliability.
- Maintain 80% billable hours.
- Be obsessed with details.